Sunday, January 13, 2008

Eagle Cruise on Kentucky Lake


Today Wayne and I went on the Eagle Cruise at Kentucky Lake. We saw more than 30 eagles. My, what magestic bird they are. Did you know that the female eagle is larger than the male? I don't know if this is a male or female -- would have to see them together to know.
We went on the CQ Princess double decker boat, and we could watch from inside through the large windows or go outside on the deck. I spent about an hour outside shooting photos. I sure was glad that I took along my neck scarf to wrap over my head to keep my ears warm - it was only about 40 degrees. Gloves were a must too. We also enjoyed a nice lunch on the cruise.
If you are ever in the vicinity of Kentucky Lake in January or February, this is a fun way to spend the day. And if you haven't been to see the Elk & Bison Prairie at the Land Between the Lakes, that is just down the road from where you board the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment