Saturday, November 21, 2009

Great Quilt Shop in Celeste, Texas - Quilt Mercantile


While in Texas teaching last week, my host, Alice Wilhoit, took me to the Quilt Mercantile in Celeste, TX. It is just outside Dallas. What a great shop. There are lots of sample quilts and other projects covering the walls...it's like a small quilt show.


Alice was teaching a class there so I had some time to do some hand stitching...and SHOP. See that purse sitting in the foreground of this photo - it's an Indygo Junction pattern that came home with me. The handles go through those big grommets and when you pick it up, the purse closes. Can't wait to make it.


At this time of year, my favorite spot in a quilt shop is the Christmas room...lots of quilts with red in them and quilty gifts we can make.

If you are ever in the Celeste area, be sure to stop and visit this shop. Tell them Bonnie Browning sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment