Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving... and didn't eat TOO much. We had turkey and all of the trimmings, and have plenty of leftovers for a few days. Today it is turkey sandwiches, or maybe a turkey wrap.

Last month I traveled to Providence, RI, to take the Zentangle Teacher Seminar so I could teach Zentangle Art. Now I am certified so I've been drawing a variety of tiles to show on my website, www.bonniebrowning.com . Here are a few of them.








One of my favorite Zentangle designs is on the border of this tile. It is called Betweed - looks like a braid. The entire design is drawn with a black permanent pen. There are no mistakes in Zentangle drawing - you just figure out something different to add. Shading is done with fine lines in this one.







Some of the fun designs are those drawn on a grid, like the center of this one. It's a surprise to see how it is drawn... and easy too.










Did you ever want pearls? Here I have drawn them in a design called Purk, accompanied by Mooka and Betweed.


Do you know that you do not need any art training to learn these Zentangle designs? Want to take a class? Contact me to set up a class, or watch my schedule on my website to see what conferences I may be teaching at.



Why would you want to learn the art of Zentangle? It is a meditational artform that lets you relax as you draw repetitive lines, one at a time. Everyone can do it and you don't need to be an artist to create these beautiful Zentangle works of abstract art. Supplies are inexpensive and it's very portable and easy to take with you. Everyone is an artist and I'd be delighted to help you show off your artistic talent. Sign up for a Zentangle class and you'll see for yourself.

Just ask my sister Karen, her neighbor Rose, and great nieces Kelsi and Katie - they sat down with me  one afternoon on a recent visit and we completed two tiles, and they couldn't wait to do more. It's great for any age.

Today I've been updating my website and my blog. Since I am off until Monday, I plan to get some sewing done too.

Talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment