Sunday, May 15, 2011

Enjoy our Backyard Birds...and Tuffy too!

While cleaning our back porch this morning, I sat and watched the birds that come to our feeders every day. Soon I grabbed my camera so I could share them with you - we feed the birds year-round so have many that stay here all year long. In addition to the cardinals, rose-breasted grosbeaks, indigo buntings, hummingbirds, and American goldfinches that I photographed, I also saw some hairy woodpeckers, titmouses, mourning doves, sparrows, and wrens. What fun to listen to all of them singing their songs. Needless to say, we buy sunflower seed in 50 pound bags. :-)

Here is my Smilebox album of photos of the birds in our backyard today...

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bonnie. I am so envious! We just do not get that many birds here. Right now we are mostly seeing magpies and robins with an occassional meadowlark. Unfortunately we are being plagued by a nutty robin that is determined to fly though our windows. He kind of hops at them so doesn't hit hard enough to knock himself out but leaves a trail of poop on the deck and furniture.

    ReplyDelete