Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cookbook was just delivered!


Several years ago Mom suggested that we do a family cookbook. Everyone (guys and gals) in our family cooks, and we're pretty good at it too. So last year I decided that would be the Christmas present to everyone from Wayne and me. We didn't get it done in time for Christmas, but we did have the first draft of all of the recipes done when we went home for the holidays. It took me a while longer to proof it, and make the corrections. I had typed the recipes in online so I only needed to finish the personal pages for the front of the book.

My sister, Marcia, suggested that I use one of the photos I have taken for the cover. We ended up using one with pink dogwoods - I take dogwood photos every spring for us to use as graphics in materials for our April AQS Quilt Show.


Lynda Smith, one of our great graphic artists at AQS, helped me format the photos and do the artwork on them. I shipped off those pages, and saw the proof in early August. The UPS man just delivered me three big boxes of cookbooks - and the other half of them should be arriving at Mom's today too. And so, now Cooking with the Kirklands is all printed!


Here are a couple sample pages of recipes in the cookbook. There are 300 recipes in the cookbook with a spiral binding to lay flat, plus there are an index and other helpful pages in the back, including napkin folding, substitution charts, food quantities, quick fixes, and even an order form for ordering more copies.

We will have some cookbooks left over to sell. If you would like a copy, they are $15 plus $3 shipping. If you would like a copy, send an e-mail to: bbquilter@gmail.com and I'll send you my address for sending a check/money order.

Bonnie B - editor of Cooking with the Kirklands

No comments:

Post a Comment